Wednesday 9 September 2015

Decorating a baby's Nursery


As soon as we found out that Baby W is a boy I started to think about how we should decorate his bedroom.

I knew that I wouldn't be having blue walls - my house has lots of plain walls/carpets and I use things like rugs, accessories and curtains to add some colour. This is because I get bored easily! I think if I used pretty wallpaper I would want to change it quite often.

We had his room painted in a creamy magnolia with the skirting boards and radiator spruced up with some good old white. We picked out a nice thick carpet in a beige-ish colour called "pancakes" to create a nice blank canvas to accessorise.

I found a complete bargain furniture set on bargaincrazy.com. It's an East Coast nursery set with a cot bed, wardrobe and changing unit/cupboard and was reduced down to around £270. I was also really lucky to discover a 30% off code, so even with the delivery cost I only paid about £200 for the lot. I love a bargain so this was perfect.


Here's the changing unit that came with the furniture set. I found the navy and white storage basket in the bathroom section at Tesco for just £5. It's handy for bits and pieces and fits in nicely with the rest of the room.

I had looked at lots of baby bedrooms on pinterest and decided against traditional baby blue. I wanted to go for navy and white :)

Bedding was next on the list and I found what I wanted on Mothercare's website. The range is called Whale Bay - I fell in love with it and so the nursery theme started there!



 

I've used navy and white accessories to complete his room. Baby W has some Whale Bay blankets, a door stop, changing mat, the cot spiral and teddy bear. You can find them all here. 

Mothercare sell wall stickers to match the theme, however at around £29 full price I found that these were a bit too expensive for me. I decided to hit Hobbycraft to make some basic whale and fish decorations of my own to use above Baby W's cot and changing mat. I'm keeping it simple but sticking with the under the sea/navy and dark blue theme! I will post them in a future post.

What do you think of the Whale Bay collection?
How would you decorate a child's room?
x


No comments:

Post a Comment